ETC Locations | ETC Directory |
Corporate History | Financial and Investment Information | Press Releases
ETCs history grew from a revolutionary idea. In
1949, its founder George Danner,
along with Joseph Zimmerman, an equally aspiring engineer, introduced their Electronic
Secretary telephone answering and recording device. While simple by todays
standards, this device offered the telephone company a means to not only provide its
customers service, but the power to generate revenue with an ordinary telephone.
The two-man Electronic Secretary operation grew to 60 employees. General Telephone System approached the founders for acquisition and a merger which consummated in 1957. By 1963, with 160 employees, annual sales exceeded four million dollars. Further integration took place with General Telephone Companys largest manufacturing facility, GTE Automatic Electric, as the Waukesha Branch. In 1980, Danner left GTE to establish Electronic Tele-Communications, Inc. and introduced central office digital voice announcers.
Two acquisitions followed. In 1989 ETC acquired The Audichron Company, inventor of the telephone time of day answering system. In 1991, ETC acquired Automation Electronics Corporation, expanding ETCs offerings to include business equipment such as call sequencers and announcement devices.
ETC operates from facilities in Waukesha, Wisconsin and Norcross, Georgia. Recording services and weather forecasting are maintained at the Norcross facility, while manufacturing takes place at the Waukesha facility.
About ETC | Products and Services | Service and Support | Request Information | Home
Content of all pages copyright ©1996-2015
Electronic Tele-Communications, Inc. unless otherwise noted.
All logos, symbols, copyrights and trademarks contained herein are the sole property of their respective owners.
Inquiries regarding this site may be directed to email@example.com. 03/12/15